Monday, October 18, 2010

Agh! It's dripping funny smelling water on me!

I recently got an envelope from my sweetie back in the USA.  Oh boy!  As I handled it I noticed it was thicker than a sheet of paper.  I opened it up and tipped out the contents into my hand.

'Gee, how did these get past customs?' I wondered.  After dutifully swallowing a few and waiting an hour, my gut told me that maybe they weren't pills after all.  No, they were something much better: toy sponges!

Like Bart Simpson in 3F02, I had diabolical plans for these babies.



So I popped one in a glass of water.  It sat there doing nothing.  I poked it.  It bobbed.  I waited.  And waited.  15 minutes went by.  Then another.

Finally the gelatin coating dissolved enough to release its monstrous contents.  I peered down...


So I'm thinking,

Right?

But a few minutes later I saw that, in fact, I had a giraffe on my hands.


Majestic?  Yes.  Absurd?  Sadly no.

No comments:

Post a Comment